Who we are
The National Health Fund (NHF) is an agency of the Ministry of Health and was established in 2003 by the National Health Fund Act. The NHF provides financial support to our national healthcare system in order to improve its effectiveness and the affordability of healthcare for the Jamaican population.
What we do
- Help Jamaican residents to access medication in both the public and private health sectors through the provision of the NHF Card and the Jamaica Drug for the Elderly Programme (JADEP) Card and the administration of the Government of Jamaica Health Card.
- Delivery of in-patient and outpatient pharmacy services for the public health sector. This includes the management of the medical warehouse and of over 118 pharmacy locations in the public health system, providing full time and scheduled services.
- Provide grants to institutions to improve health care delivery including infrastructure development, training, disaster preparedness, medical equipment and transportation. Project management is an important part of our work which extends to not only internal projects but major projects for our parent Ministry.
- Support multiple health-promotion programmes to aid in the prevention, reduction and management of non-communicable and communicable diseases.The NHF is ISO 9001:2015 certified and is therefore focused on continuous improvement of our processes to ensure customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers. Good corporate governance and the management of risk are also hallmarks of our operations.
How we are funded
The NHF’s revenue sources for the provision of benefits for the NHF and JADEP cards and for grants to institutions are:
- 20% of Special Consumption Tax charged on Tobacco Products with effect from April 14, 2008.
- 5% of Special Consumption Tax collected.
- 1% of employee and employer NIS contributions
The Fund currently has an island-wide staff complement of approximately 500 members across seven divisions:
- Finance Investment & Projects
- Information & Communication Technology
- Human Resource and Administration
- Individual Benefits/Operations
- Pharmaceutical Division
- Drug Serv
No financial barriers to health care.
To provide funding for specified healthcare benefits, health promotion, health projects and pharmacy services in a sustainable, efficient and customer centric environment.
Statement of Values
At the National Health Fund, we are committed to the highest standards of honesty, integrity and quality. We will at all times be professional in discharging our responsibilities and be guided by noble moral and ethical standards.
The Quality Policy
It is the policy of the National Health Fund to:
- Provide services of the highest possible standards, that meet our customer requirements and enhance customer satisfaction through continual improvement of our processes.
- Achieve our quality objectives by establishing, implementing and maintaining an effective Quality Management System which complies with applicable requirements including ISO 9001:2015.