The National Health Fund (NHF) EduCare Grant Programme provides assistance to aspiring healthcare professionals who are facing financial challenges in completing their course of study. The grant is available to full-time students at accredited universities.
The Application Form
Students must have completed their 2nd year of study in a healthcare-related field.
All persons applying to the financial grant programme are required to complete the National Health Fund EduCare Grant Application Form.
- This form has a checklist of requirements that are detailed below.
- Failure to provide all the required information will jeopardize a scholarship applicant’s opportunity.
NOTE: Applying to the grant programme is not an automatic acceptance, nor is it a guarantee that the grant will cover the entire cost of a degree programme. Students are therefore encouraged to actively seek alternative and/or concurrent sources of funding for their tuition and associated fees.
NOTE: All of the following must form part of the application package submitted. Failure to provide all the requirements will result in an application being considered “Incomplete”.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Proof of Jamaican citizenship
- Be experiencing challenges with the payment of tuition fees
- Be pursuing a degree in a healthcare-related field and must have completed the second year of study.
- Proof of current enrolment to an accredited programme of study at an accredited University.
- Current cumulative GPA report from the University (a minimum of 3.0 GPA.)
- An official transcript from your institution must be submitted
- At least two (2) reference letters regarding the applicant’s character from notable persons in the applicant’s community (teacher, pastor, employer, etc.).
Where possible, evidence of voluntary/ community service, extra-curricular activities(awards, letters acknowledging participation, etc.)
NB. If a student is offered and accepts a National Health Fund Educare Grant, disbursement of the grant will be dependent on that student completing the bonding requirements of the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service (MoFPS). Information on bonding requirements are available on the MoFPS website.
The Application Process
- Once completed, the application should be sent to the:
NHF EduCare Grant Programme
Health Promotion and Public Relations
National Health Fund
25 Dominica Drive
Telephone: (876) 906-1106
- Completed applications are reviewed by the National Health Fund EduCare Grant Committee, and candidates are selected and scheduled for interviews by the NHF EduCare Grant Committee.
- Grants are awarded based on the need evidenced in the completed application (which forms part of the evidence of eligibility) and the interview
Grant awardees will be contacted after the NHF Board of Management approves the awards for EduCare grants.