The National Health Fund EduCare Grant Programme provides assistance to students currently enrolled in a degree programme relating to the delivery of health care.
The Application Form
Students must have completed their 2nd year of study
All persons applying to the financial grant programme are required to complete the National Health Fund EduCare Grant Application Form.
- This form has a check-list of requirements that are detailed below.
- Failure to provide all the required information will jeopardize a scholarship applicant’s opportunity.
NOTE: Applying to the grant programme is not an automatic acceptance, nor is it a guarantee that the grant will cover the entire cost of a degree programme. Students are therefore encouraged to actively seek alternative and/or concurrent sources of funding for their tuition and associated fees.
NOTE: All of the following must form part of the application package submitted. Failure to provide all the requirements will result in an application being considered “Incomplete”.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Proof of Jamaican citizenship
- Be experiencing challenges with the payment of tuition fees
- Be pursuing a degree in a health care related field
- Proof of current enrolment to an accredited programme of study at an accredited University.
- Current cumulative GPA report from the University (a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- At least two (2) reference letters regarding the applicant’s character from notable persons in the applicant’s community (teacher, pastor, employer, etc.).
- Where possible, evidence of community service (awards, letters acknowledging participation, etc.).
NB. If approved, a Bonding Agreement must be signed with the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service.
The Application Process
Once completed, the application should be sent to the:
NHF EduCare Grant Programme
Health Promotion and Public Relations
National Health Fund
25 Dominica Drive
Telephone: (876) 906-1106
- Completed applications are reviewed and the most eligible persons are then scheduled for an interview by the Financial Grant Committee.
- Grants are awarded based on the need expressed in the completed application (which forms part of the evidence of eligibility) and the interview.
- Grant awardees will be called shortly after the interview to be advised of the details of their awards.