Welcome to the NHF Family!
The National Health Fund is here to help you on your health journey. Here are the benefits of your NHFCard. The NHFCard covers 17 conditions and offers several benefits.
1. Subsidy on Prescription Drugs
With an NHFcard, you pay less on a selected list of prescription drugs.You may check your prescription against the subsidy list and take full advantage of the benefits offered by your NHFCard.
2. Double Subsidy For Children
Children under the age of 19 years old benefit from double subsidy on medication and devices covered by the NHFCard programme.
3. Jamaica Drug for the Elderly Programme (JADEP) Benefits
If you are 60 years and older, you only pay a minimal fee for medication on the JADEP List. Fill your prescription at a JADEP Participating Pharmacy and pay only $40 per drug item and up to a maximum of $240 for six or more items dispensed from the JADEP drug list.
4. Free Glucometer (Blood Sugar Monitor)
If you are enrolled on the NHFCard for diabetes, you can get a glucometer every two years. You must use your NHF card at least once for your diabetic medication.
5. Selected Medical Devices and Diagnostic Tests
Subsidies are available on selected medical devices for related conditions and diagnostic tests.
For our diabetics more benefits are available to help you manage your diabetes better.
- Pay less for test strips, lancets, insulin refill pens & syringes
- Each year, you can get up to four (4) HBAIC tests done at selected laboratories
- Pay less for asthmatic pumps, spacers, and masks
Breast Receptor Study
- A subsidy of $4800 is provided for the Breast Cancer Receptor Study test with a maximum of two tests. This is done at the University of West Indies Laboratory
Remember to present your NHFCard with your prescription whenever you go to the NHF Participating Pharmacy.
The NHF pays a fixed amount on each of these items and you pay the difference.
If you have private insurance, enjoy the benefits of both the NHFCard along with private insurance and pay even less out of pocket