Procurement of Pharmaceutical Preparations 2019 - 2022
Scope: The National Health Fund, an agency of the Ministry of Health, Jamaica, now invites bids from eligible bidders for the periodic supply of pharmaceutical preparations, as listed in the Schedule of Requirements of the tender documents, for a 36-month contract period, for use in the Government health facilities.
Format: Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding process specified in the Government of Jamaica, Handbook of Public Sector Procurement Procedures http://www.mof.gov.jm and is open to all bidders from all countries. In order to participate, bidders must be registered on the Electronic Government Procurement System at https://www.gojep.gov.jm/epps/home.do To register, select the “Register as a supplier” link from the home page. For assistance please contact the support desk at (876) 932-5220.
Pre Tender Meeting: A pre-bid meeting will be held at the Jamaica Conference Centre, 14-20 Port Royal St, Kingston, Jamaica on February 15, 2019 commencing at 10:00am local time. Bidders may attend in person or join through GoToMeeting online by using the following link:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/903630533or from the USA by phone (312) 757-3121 access code 903-630-533
Bidders shall validate, pack andsubmit their bids electronically before 2:00 pm local time on April 3, 2019.
For tenders to be considered, bidders must submit the following with their bids:
- A completed and signed Bid Submission Form.
- Bid Security, in the amount of two thousand five hundred United States dollars (US$ 2,500.00) or the Jamaican dollar equivalent using conversion rate of US$1: JA$130.00; The bid security shall be in the form of a Bank Manager’s cheque payable to the National Health Fund, or an unconditional banker’s guarantee.
- Copy of a valid Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Certificate/License to Manufacture for each item offered.
- Proof of registrationby the Ministry of Health’s, Standards and Regulation Division, in accordance with the Food and Drug Act 1964 of the Laws of Jamaicafor all items offered,as verified by the Ministry of Health.
- If item is not registered in Jamaica, registration in one of thefollowing referencedcountries will be considered and may be accepted,subject to receiving the requisite approvalfrom the Ministry of Health: Caribbean Regulatory System (CRS), United StatesFood & Drug Administration (FDA), HealthCanada,TheMedicinesand HealthcareProductsRegulatory Agency(UK)and European Medicines Agency.WHO pre-qualified products will also be considered. Bidders offering products not registered in Jamaica but registered in one or more of the above referenced countries, or pre-qualified with WHO, must submit proof of that registration/pre-qualification and also submit the completed form at Section IX of the biddingdocuments.
- A copy of distributor’s/wholesaler’s license from the appropriate regulatory authority (this is not required for bids being submitted directly from manufacturers).
- Pharmaceutical samples: One sample in the package size being offered of i) productnot previously supplied to the NHF or ii) unregistered pharmaceutical must be submitted to the address below before the deadline for submission of bids. For Intravenous Fluids, at least six samples are required for new products being offered.
In addition, a copy of the following must be included: pictures of the unit package, pictures of item outside of package, package insert and inner and outer labels.
NB: Samples are not required for narcotics and other controlled substances, however, pictures, package insert and labels are required as outlined in paragraph above.
- Testimonials where applicable:All suppliers, not previously awarded contracts for the supply of pharmaceutical preparations with the National Health Fund, shall furnish documentary evidence as to prior experience and ability to perform. The testimonials should be from at least two institutions with which the bidder has successfully executed contracts for similar products and should indicate the bidder’s prior experience and ability to perform.
- Completed and signed Payment Terms Form
- Completed and signed Schedule of Requirements
- Bioequivalence reports for oral dosage form products listed on the Schedule of Requirements
At the time of contract awards, all successful bidders must provide i) A copy of their valid TaxCompliance Letter (TCL) orii) A copy of their Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC), andiii) A copy of their registration with the National Contracts Commission.
All clarifications to these Bidding Documents will be handled via the electronic portal.
Bidders may quote on any one or more items under this invitation. Each item shall be evaluated and the contract(s) awarded separately to the firm(s) offering the lowest evaluated price for each item, or other considerations as outlined elsewhere in the tender documents.
Bids shall be valid for a period of 210 days after bid submission.
Copies of bid securities must be uploaded with bids. Original bid securities must be placed in envelops addressed as “Bid Security for Procurement of Pharmaceutical Preparations ICB NHF-RX/2019”, must readily identify the bidder and be deposited in the marked Bid Security Box located in the Receptionist area of the address below, on or before 2:00 p.m. local time April 3, 2019:
The National Health Fund
78 Marcus Garvey Drive
Kingston 13, Jamaica
Copies of bid securities uploaded with bids will not be considered valid.
Additionally, where applicable, the relevant pharmaceutical samples must be delivered to the address above, no later than 2:00 p.m. local time, April 3, 2019 and placed in the box labelled “Samples - for Procurement of Pharmaceutical Preparations ICB No. NHF-RX/2019”. Packages containing samples must also readily identify the bidders.
Late bid(s) will be rejected by the system and samples and original bid securities will be returned to the bidder(s) unopened.
The National Health Fund reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bid(s) or to re-tender, and to treat each request as a whole package or a part thereof.